This page contains samples of previous winning Golden Trumpet Award entry narratives. The Publicity Club of Chicago (PCC) would like to thank these past winners for sharing their narratives.
These entries celebrate and showcase the hard work, creativity, and expertise of the public relations professionals who are proud members of the PCC. These campaigns exemplify why winning a Golden Trumpet Award is such an honor.
The samples below can help you prepare an award-winning entry. We encourage you to review them.
Before you read these narratives, please take a moment to review the entry advice offered by 4-time PCC President and long-time Golden Trumpet Judge, David Brimm:
“I have been a long-time judge and the first thing I look at is if the stated objectives were met. It is critical that your narrative reflects what you set out to do, and then clearly outlines the strategies and creativity that went into accomplishing your objectives. I pay special attention to entries in which the person or team entering the competition had to overcome challenges such as a tight deadline, an emergency or a small budget. Warning: imprecise language, grammar mistakes and typos can sink an entry, so carefully proofread your narrative.”
We wish you the best of luck with your entry!
- Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International — Narrative #1
- Illinois Institute of Technology and L.C. Williams & Associates — Narrative #2
- Chicago Department of Transportation and L.S. Williams & Associates — Narrative #3
- Public Communications Inc. & Shedd Aquarium — Narrative #4
- Crisis Public Relations & Public Communications Inc. — Narrative #5
- Chicago Architecture Foundation & Public Communications Inc. — Narrative #6